The bell of the clock is an 810 pound bronze bell with a hammer strike. It was made by John Taylor Bellfounders and was shipped with the clock. The inscription on the bell reads – “John Taylor – Founders – Loughborough – England – 1912”
The bell was originally synchronized with the clock and could be heard as far away as Gore St.
It was mounted in a roofed bell carriage. The roof of the building is a flat roof with a 5 foot parapet wall around the edge. With the traffic noise of today the bell could not be heard clearly at street level.
The bell is no longer in use, but is now located in front of the museum for all visitors to see!