The bell of the clock is an 810 pound cast iron bell with a hammer strike. It was made by John Taylor Bellfounders and was shipped with the clock. The inscription on the bell reads – “John Taylor – Founders – Loughborough – England – 1912”
The bell was originally synchronized with the clock and could be heard as far away as Gore St.
The bell is no longer in use. It is mounted in a roofed bell carriage. The roof of the building is a flat roof with a 5 foot parapet wall around the edge. With the traffic noise of today the bell cannot be heard clearly at street level.